Ctrl-C does not work from Cygwin for the java program

Warren Young wyml@etr-usa.com
Wed Dec 3 23:19:00 GMT 2014

On Dec 3, 2014, at 2:12 PM, Michelle Ma <michellema0128@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I type Ctrl-C from the windows command prompt, the "Ouput" line got
> called. However, if I type Ctrl-c from the Cygwin, the "Output" line
> didn't get called.

I assume you are trying this from the default MinTTY shell.  What happens if you run it under cmd.exe instead?

That is:

	c:\> cd cygwin
        c:\cygwin> cygwin
        $ java /path/to/my/program/pgm.jar

This may be the old native EXE console compatibility problem.  (Same reason native ftp.exe doesn’t work right under Cygwin.)  I tried to find a FAQ entry for it, but there doesn’t seem to be one.