lnn, a native symlink wrapper script (Was: fstab not automounting...)

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 20:08:00 GMT 2014

[reviewing old threads that mentioned me, now that I've released
coreutils 8.23...]

On 10/18/2013 11:55 AM, Warren Young wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 01:47, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>    $ CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native ln -s /path/to/your/fstab /etc/fstab
>
> I've wrapped that in a shell script called lnn ("link native"):
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native ln "$@"
>
> Perhaps Eric Blake will add this to coreutils so we can use the shortcut
> in replies to list questions.

No, I won't add this to the coreutils package proper (at least, not if
upstream coreutils isn't likely to have it), but it's easy enough for
you to put the script in your own /bin.