Same mirror data with both Cygwin setup.exe?

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Mon Aug 11 21:06:00 GMT 2014

On 8/11/2014 14:57, Gery . wrote:

> Is it advisable to run both Cygwin 32- and 64-bit setup installers
> with the same downloaded set of packages from a unique mirror? I have
> 6GB data downloaded from a mirror, I downloaded that while running
> step 64-bit installer. I want to remove that Cygwin 64-bit and now
> install the Cygwin 32-bit (so, use the setup 32-bit) but with the
> same data mirror.

Once upon a time, it could cause a problem, but now that setup.exe's
download tree structure includes $arch, there is no conflict.

I assume you are doing this because you need some package that is only
in Cygwin 32?  If so, which one?