[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [experimental]: coreutils-8.23-1

Christian Franke Christian.Franke@t-online.de
Mon Aug 4 17:13:00 GMT 2014

Eric Blake wrote:
> On 08/03/2014 11:32 PM, Christian Franke wrote:
>> Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote:
>>> A new release of coreutils, 8.23-1, is available for download for
>>> testing purposes, leaving 8.15-1 (32-bit) or 8.15-3 (64-bit) as current
>>> for another week until I am sure there are no major regressions.

>>> [ arch base64 basename cat chcon chgrp chmod chown chroot cksum comm cp
>>> csplit cut date dd df dir dircolors dirname du echo env expand expr
>>> factor false fmt fold gkill groups head hostid hostname id install join
>> Please note that there is a separate 'hostname' package:
>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00285.html
> Oops, I knew I'd forget something.  I'll spin -2 that drops hostname,
> before moving this out of experimental.

For "historical" (April 2013 :-) reasons, the hostname package and a
hostname-less coreutils exist only in the x86_64 distro:
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-04/msg00106.html

Could possibly someone with sufficient access rights perform a
synchronized upload of new x86 coreutils and x86 hostname?

The latter is available here:
http://chrfranke.no-ip.org/cygwin/x86/release/hostname/

Christian