Simplify AD integration?

Fri Aug 1 15:18:00 GMT 2014

>>> Bonus question:

>> >I prefer downcase. Other users probably will not. So db_username_downcase =
>> >true/false would be great.
> Sigh.  YA setting.  I was trying to*simplify*  the stuff and reduce
> variability since that stuff only complicates the code for... what
> gain?

Yes, that was my thinking as well.  Automatic downcasing may be a convenient
feature for some but it doesn't seem like a "must have".  It's always
possible to address this with a change in the Windows user name casing
or by adding the accounts that one wants to override to the passwd/
group files.  I know each of these options has their downsides too but
these seem like sufficient work-arounds for a potential need that isn't
key functionality, IMHO.

--
Larry