No shortcuts after default install - how to start cygwin?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Apr 29 12:35:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Achim Gratz!

>> After performing a standard (default) install using setup-x86.exe,
>> there are no shortcuts in the start menu or desktop.  I don't really
>> mind but don't know how to initiate cygwin without it.

> Given that there should be shortcuts and or start menu entries and this is a
> new install anayway, how about you simply remove the directory and start
> over with a new install?  Don't forget to keep the boxes checked that tell
> setup it should install those shortcuts.

No need to remove anything. You can (re)create shortcuts every time you need.
Just tick the box(es) at the end of setup and don't forget to press "finish"
instead of closing the dialog.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...