Wow, just hit RCS bug

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Apr 16 17:20:00 GMT 2014

tednolan@bellsouth.net writes:
> Just for the record, the suggested env var fix
>
> RCS_MEM_LIMIT=0
>
> to "force stdio" does not work for me, but the

That was never suggested as a fix, but to show that the problem occurs
with files much less than 256kiB size when forcing the code path through
stdio (which is what the "0" setting does).  The RCS test suite passes
on Cygwin since it never actively tests this code path.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/142346

> RCS_MEM_LIMIT=10240
>
> to allow 10megs of diffs does..

Which will fail once you happen upon a diff that gets that large.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: