libtool: link: object name conflicts in archive

tednolan@bellsouth.net tednolan@bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 16 12:07:00 GMT 2014

In message <20140416080331.GN3271@calimero.vinschen.de>you write:
>--KC+fneiph5CALyUl
>> ../../libtool: line 1117: lib: command not found
>
>This is *so* wrong.  That's very likely a problem in the configury then,
>and you should try to find out how configure gets the idea to use a tool
>called "lib".  How did you run configure?  This might be a result of
>using wrong arguments.  Also, the upstream devs might have an idea why
>the build process tries to use MS tools when building for Cygwin.
>

>Corinna

I have run into a couple of "configure" scripts that when they see you
are running cygwin think that means they should try to build a native
Windows version rather than follow the linux-like path to a "native
Cygwin" version..

It's very irritating.