We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)

Wed Apr 9 16:49:00 GMT 2014

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 12:37:10PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I'll see what I can do about upgrading to using a more modern view which
>allows search.  I assume that the contribution floodgate will open.

Actually, I guess I won't.  Here's what the web browsing software has to
say about searching:

## use_re_search: Enable regular expression search of files in a directory.
##
## SECURITY WARNING: Since a user can enter the regular expression, it
## is possible for them to enter an expression with many alternatives
## and a lot of backtracking. Executing that search over thousands of
## lines over dozens of files can easily tie up a server for a long
## period of time.  This option should only be used on sites with

cgf