Fwd: Way to test cyglsa?

Mon Sep 16 19:06:00 GMT 2013

On 9/16/2013 2:26 PM, Evan Rowley wrote:
> I would really like to run sshd in debug mode!
>
> I wasn't sure what the best way to enable debug mode on sshd. The
> approach I took was to edit one the registry entry I assumed cygrunsrv
> uses to launch sshd.
>
> Under
> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\sshd\Parameters
>
> Name: AppArgs
> Type: REG_SZ
> Data: -D
>

> I changed '-D'  to '-Dd' but unfortunatley this rendered the service
> un-start-able. I got the same result with '-D &> /var/log/sshd.log'

Try '-D -d'.

> What in your mind is the best way to enable debug mode? Also, will the
> debug output be sent to event log or to /var/log/sshd.log?

I've set up a new service in the past to be a debug version.  That way,
it's always there and ready for me when I need it.  I just stop the
normal service and start the debug one.  But that's just one way to
do it.  Your way should work.  The output goes to the log file by
default.

--
Larry