iodbc always in error (solved)

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 11 20:41:00 GMT 2013


On 2013-09-06 08:31, Sébastien Dailly wrote:
> I've sent a mail here yesterday requesting for help in order to make
> iodbc work in cygwin. I've investigated in the library code and found
> something interesting :
>
> In the log I've sent yesterday[1], each function name start with an « _
> » wich does not appear in the sql driver library :
>
> The iodbc package contains the file « iodbc/henv.ci »[2] wich is actualy
> an index of the declared function to call. There is a strange preprocess
> instuctions at l79 wich needs to be completed in order to works in
> cygwin :
>
>> #define CLI    "SQL"
>
> now you can rebuild the package and the odbc will work.

Thanks for tracking this down.  The root cause is actually a false 
positive from an erroneous configure test, causing configure to decide 
that leading underscores are necessary with dlsym(3) where they actually 
are not.  This should be fixed in the new 3.52.8-2 release.


Yaakov


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list