config.guess and config.sub older than new Cygwin64

Robert McBroom mcforum@bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 5 13:43:00 GMT 2013

On 9/5/2013 8:24 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> On 05/09/2013 8:08 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:

>>> The versions installed into /usr/share/automake-X.Y/ have all been
>>> modified
>>> to be the latest upstream as of mid-July -- for all X.Y from 1.4 to
>>> 1.14.
>>>
>>> Also, cygport itself ships with an identical copy, and modifying
>>> your script
>>> to call 'gnuconfigize' during src_compile() will update them as well.
>> That's fine if the user is using cygport but from the two I've seen on
>> config-patches is that the user is executing a package configure where
>> the package has an 11 year old config.guess and is not using cygport
>> at all.
> I would think that cygwin64 is the least of your worries if you're
> using an 11 year-old config.guess...
>
> $0.02
> Ryan

That is what you get if you pull a source tar ball off the source tree.
Sometimes there is a clue on  a next step along a path to accomplish an
update and sometimes not.

Robert McBroom