bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Wed Sep 4 21:26:00 GMT 2013

On 9/4/2013 09:36, Jim Garrison wrote:
> Am I missing something, or is there a reason one would want to run a
> Linux emulator under a Windows emulator on Linux?

For myself, it is occasionally nice to have a Cygwin sandbox environment
to play with when I'm on one of my Macs, away from a Windows box.  Wine
is cheaper than a VM in terms of hardware requirements and licensing.

Unfortunately, Wine is still a bag of fail, so I continue to put up with
the problems of running Windows in a VM.

This bug could well be Wine's, rather than Cygwin's.