Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Sep 3 11:50:00 GMT 2013

Greetings, Robert McBroom!

>>> The source tar balls I can find of rxvt are quite old and the config.guess
>>> in the package doesn't recognize a win 7 x64, Cygwin64 system.  Any pointers
>>> to getting a x64 rxvt to build?
>> If you're not building it out of pure curiosity, I suggest you state your
>> intentions more clearly.
>> If all you want is a graphical terminal window, look into mintty shipped with
>> modern cygwin installations.

> I'm accustomed to using rxvt.  I know how to set all the options that I
> want to use.  mintty is to limited and xterm has too much stuff.

mintty is based on the PuTTY source code, is very robust and well-tested.
If you find a feature missing in mintty, you may ask the author to include it,
or to explain it's absence.
Last I checked, rxvt do not have support for UNICODE, aside from one not very
well working hack.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...