Fwd: Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.

Mon Sep 2 21:23:00 GMT 2013

On 9/2/2013 5:09 PM, Václav Zeman wrote:
> On 09/02/2013 09:14 PM, Robert McBroom wrote:
>>
>> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/rxvt/W11/w32'
>> gcc -c xlib.c -O -I.. -mwin32
>> xlib.c: In function ‘XOpenDisplay’:
>> xlib.c:131:26: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
>> (NT_window*)(scrd->root)= NT_new_window();
>> ^
> This is a bug in the original source code. It needs to be fixed or the
> bug needs to be sidestepped. This might work, untested:

Are you using the -src package from the cygwin mirrors, and the cygport
script?  The rxvt shipped by cygwin has been heavily patched from
upstream to support our (32bit) platform; at *minimum* you will need
those patches to build the 64 bit version.

Unfortunately rxvt is pretty far down my list of priorities for porting
to 64bit given its dead-as-a-doornail, ex-parrot status upstream and
relative lack of users.  The best I can say is, I'll get to it eventually.

--
Chuck
cygwin rxvt "maintainer"