Problem installing Cygwin 1.7.25 64 bit on W7 and W8

Helmut Billig hbillig@arcor.de
Sun Sep 1 17:36:00 GMT 2013

Am 01.09.2013 18:47, schrieb Andrey Repin:
> Greetings, nu774!
>
>>> I tried to update a well running cygwin installation from Cygwin 1.7.24
>>> (64 bit release) to Cygwin 1.7.25 on W7. Setup (most recent version from
>>> cygwin.com) didn't succeed because of "incomplete download". I tried
>>> severel different mirrors, everytime the same problem. Then I removed
>>> the cygwin installation, i.e. deleted the folder, tried to install again
>>> and got the same error. Disabeling all Virusscanner and Firewall
>>> software didn't help.
>>> Defenitely it is not a problem of lack of discspace or something like that.
>>> A test with the 32 bit release (Cygwin 1.7.24) worked fine without any
>>> issue.
>>> On W8 i had exactely the same behaviour.
>> Same experience here.
>> I once pushed "continue" on the "incomplete download" error dialog by
>> mistake, that resulted in uninstalling of the selected packages for
>> updates, including cygwin (except for cygwin1.dll).
> Usually, it is a good idea to wait a day or so for new release to spread
> across mirrors.
> Also, please don't http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU
>

> --
> WBR,
> Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@yandex.ru) 01.09.2013, <20:45>
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...
>

> --

Hello,

some additional information on the install problem:
- the files were already on the mirros, I cold downlod them via browser.
Install from local directory failed, error message told, that the the
files are corrupted.
- Setup dosen't download ANY file. All the folders in the downlod
directory are empty.
Regards
Helmut