SSH Key Authentication is not working

Tadej Animalix theanimalixster@gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 04:29:00 GMT 2013

Thanks for quick reply. Any idea why I didn't receive email about this reply?

First I would need to tell you think "sshd.log" may not be from the
same session, so please ignore it.

After installation of CYGWIN with OpenSSH I added path of bin
directory to global variables and I ran these commands:
chmod +r  /etc/passwd
chmod u+w /etc/passwd
chmod +r  /etc/group
chmod u+w /etc/group
chmod  755  /var
touch /var/log/sshd.log
chmod 664 /var/log/sshd.log

Then I started "ssh-host-config" and entered:
"ntsec tty" for saemon
answered all with yes

and I changed name to "sshd" and entered a password.

After that I ran "cyglsa-config" and answered Yes and rebooted computer.

Then in cmd I ran "ash" and re-based all with "/usr/bin/rebaseall".

Then I opened CYGWIN terminal and executed lines bellow:
chown system /etc/ssh*
chown system /var/empty
mkgroup -l > ..\etc\group
mkpasswd -l > ..\etc\passwd

After that I was able to start "CYGWIN sshd" as service and I was able
to connect with user-pwd authentication, but key login doesn't work at
this point.

I've also tried to CHMOD ".ssh" folder and "authorized_keys" but that
didn't help.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Bye, Tadej