SSH Key Authentication is not working

Tadej Animalix theanimalixster@gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:11:00 GMT 2013

Hey,

I'm turning here for help since I have a feeling that I searched the
whole web and I didn't find a solution.

I use CYGWIN on Windows 7 to allow connections via SSH, and it works
OK if I use username and password for authentication, but it doesn't
work with key authentication.

At first I noticed that Putty log contains this events
("SSH2_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST" sent as last message):
    Event Log: Offered public key
    Event Log: Server unexpectedly closed network connection

In sshd.log I found that this error was recorded:
      "0 [main] sshd 20872 fork: child -1 - forked process 17012 died
unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code 0xC000007B, errno 11"

I looked further and I found that in Windows "Event Viewer" error gets
reported by sshd:
    "The description for Event ID 0 from source sshd cannot be found.
Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your
local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or
repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display
information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event:

    sshd: PID 17112: fatal: seteuid 1000: Operation not permitted"

I found a guy who had similar problem
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-06/msg00316.html), and there they
mention "there is no solution" for this problem, so I was wondering if
that's true?

Could someone please push me into the right direction?

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Bye, Tadej