Getting different times with or without --login

Csaba Raduly rcsaba@gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 15:17:00 GMT 2013

Hi Francesco

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Francesco Pizzolante  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that I'm getting different times from the command line when use
> --login or not.

Bash executes different startup scripts depending on whether it was
started with --login or not, so the results may also be different.

You can read the gory details here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Bash-Startup-Files.html

Csaba