second exec channel cannot access windows share (open-ssh)

Fri Oct 4 17:16:00 GMT 2013

On 10/4/2013 3:26 AM, gaillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My company uses cygwin to enable client users to access an application through
> open-ssh server via an ssh exec-channel. After the session connects fine, the
> firstly created exec channel is able to access the mounted shares installed on
> the box (in my test a Windows Server 2008 R2).
> The issue comes when opening the second exec channel that is not able to access
> the shares.
>
>  From the tests I made the second channel is not impersonating the user
> correctly
> since it happears the application process runs as "Local System" which would
> explain the issue.
>
> The open-ssh service is installed under a special user account that runs
> with the
> following settings in local security policy:
> - adjust memory quotas for a process
> - create a token object
> - logon as a service
> - replace a process level token
>
> I tried to add this but without success:
> - impersonate a client after authentication
>
> I've also read the doc "Using Windows Security in Cygwin" but I'm unsure of the
> correct diagnostic for the problem: wrong setting (do I need to use LSA
> authentication)
> or is it a bug?
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.

If you have passwords on your shares (and it sounds like you do), then
your only real altrernative is the third option as described in the
Users Guide:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3>

--
Larry