setup.ini dependency graph?

Mon Nov 4 14:32:00 GMT 2013

On 10/30/2013 9:51 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> On 30/10/2013 8:48 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Yeah; even for my stripped-down version, I need to pre-process the
>> setup.ini and remove all mentions of cygwin, libstdc++6, libgcc1, etc.
>> The ncurses DLLs are also a huge nexus.  (It's probably easier to
>> exclude those nodes by mucking with the perl, but...)
> Quick question: do you have 1+ known-big-unwanted packages and need to
> know who's pulling them in, or are you hoping to take some cut of the
> graph that gets as many desirable packages as possible given the space
> constraints? The graph-building script here is good for the latter, but
> I had the impression you were doing the former; if so, my script might
> get you to an answer faster by avoiding information overload.

A combination of the two, actually.  I've used both David's script and
yours in concert.  In addition, I've modified David's script to color
the nodes based on origination, and to exclude or collapse 'Base' and/or
'required-by-Base' packages.

I've got a few cleanups, and then I'll share the result.  It's already
helped me generate a few re-packaging requests I plan to post over on
cygwin-apps...

--
Chuck