gcc4-core packaging bug

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Nov 3 06:31:00 GMT 2013

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> Actually, the RIGHT thing to do is to have Perl (updated to 5.14.4
> and) built without the CC=gcc-4 hack.

Oh, absolutely.  But until we have that, if anyone runs into troubles
that some program which hasn't been rebuilt since the gcc update is
unable to find a C compiler, add the .exe suffix to the compatibility
link.  I've only mentioned it here because I recently got a new machine
at work and wondered why I couldn't build some Perl modules anymore
until I remembered that I had re-linked the compilers on the old one.

Regards,
Achim.