luatex font path problem

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu May 23 19:52:00 GMT 2013

On 5/23/2013 2:01 PM, Arthur Tu wrote:
> Sorry.
>
> I did send a confirm message to the list on 5.8 and my thunderbird
> cached that message. I don't understand why it's not in the list.
>
> The latest version of zlib in the "current" label, is 1.2.8.1. However,
> lualatex used some component compiled with zlib ver1.2.7.1, so I have to
> reverted zlib to that version.

That's annoying.  It turns out that luatex checks the zlib version and
aborts if it's not the same version with which luatex was compiled.  A
google search turns up many complaints about this.  So I either have to
rebuild the TeX Live binaries every time zlib is updated, or else users
have to downgrade zlib, as you did.

I think I won't bother rebuilding the binaries right now, since TeX Live
2013 is probably going to be released within a month or so anyway.

Ken