Clean install, incomplete setup - no home dir, broken PATH

Fri May 10 23:02:00 GMT 2013

On 5/10/2013 3:04 PM, Daniel Davis wrote:

<snip>

> Is there some way I can find out why /etc/profile isn't being called
> when the shell starts?  /var/log is empty but for setup.log* and I
> don't see any windows event logs for cygwin.  Maybe that would lead to
> better guesses as to why/how the install broke.

If you suspect a scripting issue and you're using 'mintty', you can invoke
it this way to see where the scripts might be going wrong:

   mintty /bin/bash -i -l -x

Otherwise, you can just invoke 'bash' directly from a command prompt with
the line above minus the 'mintty' bit.

--
Larry