CALL FOR TESTING: Cygwin 1.7.18
Tue Mar 26 14:46:00 GMT 2013
since we're pretty late already, we would like to start a (hopefully)
last round of testing for 1.7.18.
Please give the latest snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots a try.
We're concentrating on regressions from 1.7.17. If you don't see any,
Otherwise a description how to reproduce a regression from 1.7.17 with
simple tools will help. Neither Chris nor I have a lot of time right
now, so we would very much appreciate simple testcases, preferredly in
plain C, debugging efforts trying to find the actual cause for a
problem, or, ultimately, patches to fix such a cause.
Below's a short list of what's new and improved in 1.7.18.
If nothing overly serious crops up, we hope to release 1.7.18 early next
Thanks for your help,
- For performance reasons, Cygwin does not try to create sparse files
automatically anymore, unless you use the new "sparse" mount option.
- Added Windows console cursor appearance support:
- Show/Hide Cursor mode (DECTCEM): "ESC[?25h" / "ESC[?25l"
- Set cursor style (DECSCUSR): "ESC[n q" (note the space before the q);
where n is 0, 1, 2 for block cursor, 3, 4 for underline cursor (all
disregarding blinking mode), or > 4 to set the cursor height to a
percentage of the cell height.
- New API: cfsetspeed.
- Changes in cygwin1.dll and gdb-7.5.50-2 now allow gdb to recognize
Cygwin-specific signals like "SIGTERM" as well as Windows signals like
"SIGSEGV". This feature is still experimental.
- Fix handle leak in rewinddir(3). This affected Windows 2000 only.
- Allow quoted filenames in @ argument expression when called from native
processes. Fixes http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-12/msg00276.html
- Fix a bug in initializing the stdio settings at process startup, which
could result in missing output.
- rename("dir1", "dir2") could result in deleting dir2, even if the rename
didn't take place, for instance, if dir1 and dir2 were not on the same
- rename("file1", "file2") would fail in almost all cases on NFS, due to a
bug in the NFS driver's implementation of the FileRenameInformation info
- Fix bug where dup2 segv'ed on negative fd.
- Work around problem of erratic exit codes caused by a thread exiting
while process is shutting down.
- Always interrupt select() on a signal.
- Fix problem where sigwait() ignored non-thread-specific signals.
- Fix special processing of "cmd /c" so that "/C" is allowed as well.
- Return 0 rather than -1 when select() times out.
- Fix some bugs in CTRL-S/CTRL-Q handling in ptys.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin