bash script under cygwin fails to recognize simple commands

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:17:00 GMT 2013

On 3/13/2013 10:03 AM, Bob Brusa wrote:
> Hi,
> it seems I miss something. The primitive script t1.sh
>
> #!/bin/bash
> echo "script running"
> ls -l
> echo "script terminating"
> exit 0
>
> produces a rather unexpected result when running it from cygwin terminal:
>
> rwb@w500 ~
> $ ./t1.sh
> script running
> ls: unknown option --
> „ls --help“ gibt weitere Informationen.
> script terminating
> : Ein numerischer Parameter ist erforderlich.
>
> rwb@w500 ~
>
> Why is this? Thanks for advice - Bob

Follow

Specifically:
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed. "