Binutils objcopy bug (was Re: rebase segfault)

Andrew Dunstan andrew@dunslane.net
Mon Mar 4 22:32:00 GMT 2013

On 03/04/2013 04:30 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 3/4/2013 9:00 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> I have not heard a word on this in the 5 weeks or so since it was sent.
>> Are you guys interested in fixing this or not?
>
> yes Andrew,
> I am working on it, unfortunately this Makefile spaghetti
> is not nice to handle
>
> probably 90% is working now, but I just found
> that postgres.exe is incomplete
>
> attached current patch for my trial
>
> src/backend/Makefile needs some works for
> postgres.exe and libpostgres.a
>
> that I hope is the only missing bit

Incidentally, there is no need to change the test schedules, and such a
patch would not be accepted. There is an option to restrict the number
of concurrent connections the regression tests will run (designed
specifically with Cygwin in mind, in fact, many years ago.) The way to
do this is:

     make MAX_CONNECTIONS=10 check

cheers

andrew