Rebase problems in Ruby

Chloe starrychloe@oliveyou.net
Sun Mar 3 11:15:00 GMT 2013

> So where are these gems coming from and how many are there?  Too
> many/ones from unknown places are going to be either missed
> by 'rubyrebase' or be impossible to fit in memory without
> collision with other installed DLLs.  See this thread for more
> discussion of this:

They come from 'bundle install' and 'gem install'. The standard Ruby
places. There are about 100 in my Gemfile. The same project works on
WinXP, but not Win8. I don't see how it can't fit in memory. My WinXP
has 1GB and my Win8 has 8GB. I've run rebaseall and rubyrebase several
times, and re-installed ImageMagick and libpixman_1.0 several times.

I just can't get past this problem. Does this mean I have to give up on
Cygwin?

$ rails console
       0 [main] ruby 6420 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpixman-1-0.dll: Loaded to different address:
parent(0x68D70000) != child(0x35D0000)
       0 [main] ruby 1500 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpixman-1-0.dll: Loaded to different address:
parent(0x68D70000) != child(0x3720000)