broken links in commit messages? (Re: src/winsup/cygserver ChangeLog.64bit)

Fri Mar 1 11:32:00 GMT 2013

On Mar  1 12:20, Václav Zeman wrote:
> On 1 March 2013 11:39,  wrote:
> > CVSROOT:        /cvs/src
> > Module name:    src
> > Branch:         cygwin-64bit-branch
> > Changes by:     corinna@sourceware.org  2013-03-01 10:39:51
> >
> > Modified files:
> >         winsup/cygserver: ChangeLog.64bit
> >
> > Log message:
> >         * client.cc: Revert changes to handle 32 bit processes on 64 bit
> >         systems.
> >         * sysv_msg.cc: Ditto.
> >         * sysv_sem.cc: Ditto.
> >         * sysv_shm.cc: Ditto.
> >
> > Patches:
> > http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygserver/ChangeLog.64bit.diff?cvsroot=src&only_with_tag=cygwin-64bit-branch&r1=1.1.2.6&r2=1.1.2.7
> >
> Recently, I am not able to open the diffs through links in commit
> messages. For the one above, I get redirected to
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygserver/Attic/ChangeLog.64bit.diff
> and I get error "Error:
> src/winsup/cygserver/Attic/ChangeLog.64bit.diff: no such file or
> directory".

This seems to occur only with files in the Attic (for instance, files in
the branch which don't exist in HEAD.  Unfortunately I don't know how
the cvs mails are generated.  Interestingly, you can access the diff
from the cvsweb interface:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygserver/Attic/ChangeLog.64bit.diff?r1=1.1.2.6&r2=1.1.2.7&cvsroot=src&only_with_tag=cygwin-64bit-branch

Corinna

Red Hat