texlive-install: core dumped

Helmut Karlowski helmut.karlowski@ish.de
Sat Jun 29 18:37:00 GMT 2013

Ken Brown, 29.06.2013 15:47:04:

>> I think I have them all, as controlled by default-setup.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "default-setup", but there are no texlive
> packages installed by default.  You have to choose them, or choose
> something that requires them.

According to my setup.ini I should have

texlive-collection-xetex version: 20130529-1

and

texlive-collection-formatsextra version: 20130529-1

installed.

When trying to actually use the installation I get:

(/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg)

! LaTeX Error: File `dvipdfm.def' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: def)

But apart of that it works (had to create an empty dvipdfm.def in my local
dir to get rid of the above error-message).

>> It would be really helpful to be able to find the stackdumps produced
>> during setup.
>
> Sorry, I don't know about that.

Maybe there's a commandline-option for setup that enables keeping
stackdump-files?

--
Helmut Karlowski