Issue with newly created shortcut to Mintty

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@freemail.ru
Sat Jun 29 15:43:00 GMT 2013

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> On Jun 29 01:55, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, All!
>>
>> After some manipulations with a newly installed Cygwin, I've encountered an
>> issue similar to e.g. http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.opennebula.user/5532
>>
>> What i did was that I've made %Cygwin%/home a directory junction of C:/Users
>>
>> Basically, when a terminal is started, the screen is polluted by a lot of
>> errors similar to
>>
>> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

> I can't reproduce this behaviour.  Tried with bash and tcsh as
> login shell.  No luck.

I'm about to get a new VM running, I'll report back, if I get the same, or
different, behavior.
In meantime, please find cygcheck output from the system in question attached.
The box is ASUS X55A notebook with preinstalled W8.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...