Where is getclip?

Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZSW lemkemch@schaeffler.com
Wed Jun 19 15:04:00 GMT 2013

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:28:10 -0400 Charles Wilson wrote:
>On 6/19/2013 10:16 AM, Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZSW wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. Install cygutils-extra. See:
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2013-06/msg00007.html
>>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply, I found it.  Nevertheless, all I did was updating
> > cygwin and suddenly installed stuff was gone.  Not funny.
>
>Ordinarily, package splits such as this one would ALSO incorporate
>modifications to the package requirements list, so that this sort of
>thing doesn't happen.

>However, the purpose of this package split was specifically to *cut
>down* on the default installation footprint of cygutils

I expected something like that after reading your reply.

>Which means..."I updated cygwin and suddenly installed stuff was gone".
>There just wasn't any better solution available.

Hm, couldn't you just have introduced a new package, say, cygbaseutils
and remove cygutils entirely?  At least, I would have noticed something's
different while updating.

>Sorry for the trouble.

No problem.  And I am out of here as I am currently not subscribed and
don't want to keep breaking the threads here.

Michael