X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Jun 19 02:02:00 GMT 2013

On 06/18/2013 04:01 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 18/06/2013 17:23, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Lately I noticed the following error when attempting to ssh from my Ubuntu
> Not sure if "lately" means you haven't changed anything, but it didn't report
> this error before, or you've only recently started paying attention :D
More like the later. I only run Windows in a VM anymore and I only
really use it for Playon (See http://playon.tv) - that and I have some
Perl code I want to make sure works on Windows through Cygwin. So most
of the time I'm not running any X stuff on Cygwin.
>> (13.04) systems to my Cygwin system with X11 Forwarding turned on:
>>
>> X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
>>
>> Any idea of how I can fix this?
>>
>> Not sure if this is a Cygwin issue (but it does involve ssh) or a Cygwin/X issue.
> Possibly you do not have the remote sshd configured to allow X11 forwarding.
>
> See A5 to Q6.1 in the Cygwin/X FAQ [1].  The other answers may also be
> informative.
>
> [1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-ssh-no-x11forwarding
That seems to be it - ForwardX11 was commented out in /etc/sshd_config
on the Cygwin box. Is this a new default?

In any event thanks.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except