subversion 1.7.10-1 failure: CRYPTO_memcmp entry point not found in cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll

Tue Jun 18 23:58:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-06-18 12:05, Pascal Dupuis wrote:
> OK, found the culprit. It seems some update process went wrong, and
> there were a few files under /usr/bin with name like f.i.
> libz.dll.new.
>
> I made a script to rename file.dll.new into file.dll ... and found
> myself into more troubles, because sometimes the file.dll was newer
> than the file.dll.new ! Is it possible to either check each installed
> file, either re-install all packages, to ensure every file is at the
> right version ?

First, be sure to exit ALL Cygwin processes, including services.
(Failure to do so is what causes these installation hiccups in the first
place.)

Second, I suggest deleting all those '*.new' files, as well as your
entire setup download cache, just in case.

Finally, in setup, choose Install from Internet, then in the package
chooser view, toggle the word "Default" next to the "All" super-category
until it says Reinstall.  That will reinstall all currently-installed
packages; a bit brute-force, but that will fix any such problems in your
installation.

Yaakov