Fwd: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:51:00 GMT 2013

Il 6/17/2013 9:27 PM, Vasiliy ha scritto:
> Ok, I understand, and, yes, it's also about setup.exe. That would be
> true if the package was marked as 'a test package', aka those marked
> '[test]' in setup.ini, but what if they were not? From my example bash
> 4.2 is not marked as [test] (I've changed 'installed.db' file
> accordingly), yet setup(64) downgrades it to 4.1
>
> Why not use two conditions instead of just one? Say, 'if package is
> more recent, and not marked as [test], then do not downgrade (keep)'.

0) please do NOT top post

1) installed.db have no info about test or current.
   That info is in setup.ini

2) about changing setup way of working, we need someone to write
    a patch. Please feel free to send your proposed one.
   I doubt it is on the top list of anyone else to change
   the current behaviour

Regards
Marco