UNC and POSIX paths

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Mon Jun 17 18:54:00 GMT 2013

On 06/17/2013 10:54 AM, gmt@malth.us wrote:
> As to why not fix the upstreams committing these atrocities, it's the
> obvious reason -- occasionally one encounters a large body of dense,
> non-fixable-by-sed/perl, poorly commented "spaghetti" script-code that
> makes "clever," deep usage of the assumption that "//" == "/". Being
> able to turn this feature off at one's option would enable them to
> rule out "//" as a problem when they suspect it might be, and have the
> additional benefit of not having to fix such code, in order to run it.
> -gmt
If upstream code is broken it's broken. You can 1) fix it and submit it
as a patch or 2) don't fix it and find a better solution.

Stripping off additional '/''s is not that hard a problem to solve -
even in spaghetti code.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I just got skylights put in my place. The people who live above me are