pty issue causes 'screen' to hang when run from mintty as detached

Thu Jun 13 21:07:00 GMT 2013

On 6/13/2013 3:34 PM, Greg Turner wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt D. <matt@codespunk.com> wrote:
>> "the Windows console window you get through cygstart is not [a pty]"
>
> Ah, so /that's/ what I recently read uncomprehendingly!  Thanks for
> tracking down this concise explanation.  Assuming that's right, then,
> I wonder: what is it?

What is what?  This Windows console?  It's... well, it's a... um, it's
a Windows console! ;-)

But seriously, it's just something different that doesn't conform to
the definition of a PTY.  Windows doesn't have PTYs.  It uses the
console instead.

--
Larry