GCC and symlink are incompatibility on 64-bit windows

Eric Lilja mindcooler@gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 08:53:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-06-11 04:31, Lu Sheng wrote:
> Are you sure you want to compile or run lxml from cygwin?
> no I want run lxml in windows, but the lxml only have linux library, I
> tried windows library, but the liblxml could not compile correctly in
> Visual studio

I use lxml for Windows python a lot. You can find official binaries at:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lxml/3.2.1
There are also unofficial binaries (which I've also used when pypi
wasn't updated straight away) to be found at:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

Perhaps you didn't see these two locations, or you are after some
particular version of the binary for some particular python version that
is not listed.

I think it will be difficult to build lxml for Windows yourself.

- EL