SQLite temporary path creation broken in latest stable release

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Mon Jun 10 19:21:00 GMT 2013

On 6/9/2013 19:26, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> which I haven't been able to test

You should.  One of the changes is to prefer creating temporary tables
in memory instead of on disk, which should bypass the problem.

> "/var/tmp/etilqs_z28HceqmzVr3ZO1\\etilqs_rnPCuceSOgjfeTd".

This bug is already under discussion on the SQLite mailing list:

	http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.sqlite.general/81718

None of the SQLite core developers have responded to my charge that this
looks like a bug in SQLite.  It shouldn't be generating temporary file
names with backslashes in them for Cygwin builds, since it knows such
paths go through the Cygwin DLL, which sometimes has trouble doing the
right thing with backslashes.

There is a chance the bug exists in the "Unix" path as well, since
backslashes are legal in POSIX paths but not on Cygwin, but since the
in-memory change will avoid this, my motivation to fix this bug twice is
low.  Once should be enough.