please update the supported Cygwin package list to be distinct for 32-bit, 64-bit or both; and help on how install both in a merged fashion

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 06:29:00 GMT 2013

Il 7/27/2013 7:17 AM, Kenneth Wolcott ha scritto:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM, marco atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Il 7/27/2013 5:18 AM, Kenneth Wolcott ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> please update the supported Cygwin package list to be distinct for
>>> 32-bit, 64-bit or both; and help on how install both in a merged
>>> fashion
>>

>> there is no merged way.
>> The 32bit and the 64bit could be installed in different directory
>> but NOT in the same one.
>
> Hi Marco;
>
>    Thanks for your reply.
>
>    I guess I will somehow modify my PATH so that I have
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/usr/bin and /cygdrive/c/cygwin32/usr/bin
> (although I don't think that will work exactly like that).  Some fstab
> magic?  Some symlink magic?

mixing will not work as the dll's are called in the same way

64 $ file cygwin1.dll
cygwin1.dll: PE32+ executable (DLL) (console) x86-64, for MS Windows

$ file cygwin1.dll
cygwin1.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

>    I will continue experimenting.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Wolcott

Marco