Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes - snapshot test requested

Tom Honermann thonermann@coverity.com
Wed Jan 2 21:25:00 GMT 2013

> I managed to duplicate a hang by really stressing ctrl-c a loop.  It
> uncovers some rather amazing Windows behavior which I have to think
> about.  Apparently ExitThread can be called recursively within the
> thread that Windows creates to handle CTRL-C.

I'm glad you could reproduce.  Based on your description, this sounds
like a separate issue and not a regression introduced by the workarounds
you put in place for the ExitProcess / ExitThread race.  Correct?

I wonder if this is the same issue I'm experiencing though.  I'm only
pressing ctrl-c once and it sounds like you might be deliving a ctrl-c
to the same process multiple times.  That may not be relevant to the
root cause however.

Tom.