Problem after updating a remote installation: Nothing happens
Tue Feb 5 20:10:00 GMT 2013
I have installed cygwin on a remote machine without network access by the
1. I downloaded cygwin using the "Download without install" option, to a
machine with network access.
2. I copied the contents of the Local Package
Directory to the remote machine.
3. At that machine, installed cygwin with the
"Install from local directory" option.
Everything seemed to work out fine. My problem is now I find I need a package I
didn't install the first time, in this case emacs. I went back to the first
1. Re-ran the installer, selecting the "Download without install" option, and
the emacs package.
2. Copied the change files in the Local Package Directory to
the remote machine.
3. Re-ran the installer, the "Install from local directory"
option, and selecting the install "all" options.
It seemed to install OK (I got an error from about pango, which I think I fixed
But when I type 'emacs' at the command line, nothing happens. No error, no
warning, nothing. I am just returned to the command line again.
How do I fix this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin