Python 2.7.5 on Cygwin64: requests installation fails

Robert Marklund robbelibobban@gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:11:00 GMT 2013

I have the same issue, it seams like python is core dumping both on
python 2.7 and python 3.
I sent a mail about this a couple of days a go with some more details.
There is no debug package for python 3.0 so the stacktrace is somewhat limited.

/R

2013/8/20 Public Joe <joe.public.stackoverflow@gmail.com>:
> Hi there!
> I recently posted this issue on stackoverflow as well: on win-7 64-bit
> operating system, fresh cygwin-64 installation with the default 2.7.5
> python library pip/easy install fails to install the "requests"
> package.
>
> $ pip install requests
> Downloading/unpacking requests
>   Downloading requests-1.2.3.tar.gz (348kB): 348kB downloaded
>   Running setup.py egg_info for package requests
> Cleaning up...
> No files/directories in /tmp/pip_build_joepublic/requests/pip-egg-info
> (from PKG-INFO)
> Storing complete log in /home/joepublic/.pip/pip.log
>

> For more information and context:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18322718/python-2-7-5-on-cygwin64-requests-installation-fails
> Any help would be greatly appretiated.
>
> Thank you very much,