mintty and Control-` , Control-~

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Sun Apr 21 01:29:00 GMT 2013

Am 20.04.2013 22:53, schrieb Andy Koppe:
> On 20 April 2013 21:28, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> In order to make them useful without enabling modifyOtherKeys mode,
>>> how about if Ctrl combinations with backtick (ASCII 0x60), opening and
>>> closing brace (0x7B and 0x7D), pipe (0x7C), and tilde (0x7E) were
>>> mapped to C1 control characters (in the U+0080 to U+009E range).
>> I don't think it's useful to support C1 control characters because virtually
>> nobody will ever want to input them via keyboard;
> I don't know of applications that need those by default either; the
> point is to make such key combinations available for custom mappings
> in places such as ~/.inputrc and ~/.vimrc.
Ah, yes. Maybe a hint in the Keycodes description might encourage such a
use case.

>> even more if only a random subset of C1 can be supported this is only
>> confusing.
> The entire set is supported already. See
> http://code.google.com/p/mintty/wiki/Keycodes#Ctrl.
Ah, again. However, a custom mapping as mentioned might want to
distinguish all keys,
so still I wouldn't map Control-~ and -` to already mapped ones.
Maybe extend the "Number and symbol keys" scheme, or use the
modifyOtherKeys sequences here by default?

Thomas