docbook2pdf errors

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Fri Apr 12 16:40:00 GMT 2013

Frank Fesevur was heard to say:
> 2013/4/12 Markus Hoenicka:
>> In order to set up your XML toolchain, please peruse the excellent
>> instructions here:
>>
>> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/
>
> I will leave docbook2pdf for what it is and dig into the XSL stuff.
> Many new stuff to learn ;-)

Certainly the better choice.

> Still a bit surprised though that docbook2pdf (and docbook2html as
> well) give those error out of the box.

The reason is probably that hardly anyone except me uses SGML documents
and an appropriate toolchain these days, so these errors may go
unnoticed for years. As mentioned previously, I don't use docbook2pdf
but a handcrafted toolchain using openjade and the DSSSL stylesheets for
those few cases that require SGML documents. Once properly set up,
things work flawlessly, but XML documents deserve different tools these
days.

regards,
Markus
--