WRB - Installation Problems

Sun Sep 30 04:25:00 GMT 2012

On 9/29/2012 11:17 AM, William R. Buckley wrote:
> Dear Corinna:

Um, this is an email list not a private email account.

> When I try to install Cygwin 1.7.16, and from a variety of
> the mirror sites, I obtain this warning:
>
> Download Incomplete.  Try Again?
>
> and the problem always occurs during download of the following
> file:
>
> xcn-util-wm-0.3.8-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> So, I have not been able to complete installation of Cygwin.
>
> Have you some solution?

First, I have no idea why this package is coming into play in your
installation since it's not one at cygwin.com.  You might want
to look at the sites you're adding or have added in the past to
setup.exe to see where to better direct this question, assuming
you care about having this package installed.  Second, if you aren't
interested in this package, simply don't install it.  Since it
is a source package, you'd want to uncheck the "Src?" column
for the corresponding binary package.  If you don't want the
binary either, click on the version until it reads "Skip".

--
Larry