Problem during C source code compilation

Cliff Hones cliff@hones.org.uk
Thu Sep 6 12:59:00 GMT 2012

On 06/09/2012 13:40, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:
> Christopher Faylor writes:
>

>> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 07:49:57PM +0000, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to compile a simple C source code but I'm getting the
>>> following error(s):
>>>
>>> $ gcc -o struct struct.c
>>
>> Start here: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>

> Didn't help a whole lot, but thanks anyway.
>
> Peering into the mailing list I found out that someone had had a
> barely similar problem and was suggested to reinstall binutils.
> I did that and it didn't work.  I also tried the FAQ -- to no
> avail.
>
> Still have the problem.

But you didn't follow the advice in that link.  You said you were going
to warmly appreciate any advice - not ignore it!

One of the key parts, (and it is in bold) is:
   Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment
   in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just
   attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.

-- Cliff