latex no longer works after update

Wed Oct 10 14:48:00 GMT 2012

On 10/10/2012 10:20 AM, Josef Wolf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday, I did an update of cygwin with setup.exe and now latex stopped
> working at all. It just silently doesn't do anything at all, no matter what
> type of input or options I give it. Not even "latex --version" gives me any
> output anymore.
>
> I found http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00599.html but changing the
> PATH variable don't seem to help at all.
>
> I have attached output of cygcheck.
>
> Any hints what might be screwed up here?

First, reboot.  If you still see the problem, stop all Cygwin processes
and reinstall the cygwin package.  If you still have problems after that
look at the output of 'cygcheck latex'.  You should find one or more DLLs
that it says it cannot find.  Check which package has those DLLs (via
cygcheck -p or <http://cygwin.com/packages/>) and (re)install them.

--
Larry