cygwin dlls address issue (cygconv-2.dll), unable to rebaseall

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:03:00 GMT 2012

On 11/28/2012 9:42 AM, Massi wrote:
> 2012/11/27 marco atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com>:
>> it seems to build fine.
>> Steps
>> ./autogen.sh
>> ./configure
>>   make -f GNUmakefile |& tee -a make.log
>
> not for me .. I always get the same error(s):
>
>        0 [main] sh 143568 child_info_fork::abort: can't commit memory
> for stack 0x289000(94208), Win32 error 487
> /home/alvioli/local/gdal-1.9.2/libtool: fork: retry: Resource
> temporarily unavailable

Is it possible that some BLODA
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda
is interfering with cygwin ?
Your fork failures are unusual.

I suggest to look also on
/proc/self/maps
to see if some unusual program is loaded.

The output of "rebase -si" is also interesting
to see any dll collision.

> unrelevant of --without-libtool, the error message is the same; it
> doesn't refer to libtool
> but it always fails while building check-lib, which is a required
> target for building the library.
>
> do you also use win 7 pro 64 bit and cygwin 1.7.17?

yes.

> do you think I should try and reinstall cygwin? if so, how can I keep
> the current configuration?

/etc/setup/installed.db contains the list of installed packages.