SYSV semaphore bug (testcase attached)

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Nov 23 15:47:00 GMT 2012

> This is original FreeBSD code, so I have a hard time to follow the
> idea
> that it might be wrong.  I stared a long while into the source now,
> and
> I compared that with the latest version of the upstream code.

I noticed that the source is taken from FreeBSD and the test crashes
just the same there (I checked), so I also submitted a bug report
with them.  BTW, Apple's implementation (also derived from the
same code, IIRC) works correctly (presumably, they fixed the bug).

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI